Care Respect Equality Achievement Trust Excellence
‘We are a small school with a big heart’
Stanton Harcourt CE Primary School serves its community by working in partnership to provide an education which gives pupils a love of learning for future life within the context of Christian belief and practice and the understanding of shared values. As a school we celebrate the diversity of the wider community and are committed to the principles of inclusion and equality of opportunity.
Through our Christian aims and values we promote and endorse the Government’s aims for every child, whatever their background or their circumstances, to have the support they need in order to be successful learners.
Our values are expressions of what we think and believe is important to enable pupils to become kind, caring and reflective, involved in the life of their community and society and so develop their capacity to be active and effective future citizens.
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular opportunities with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum
- To promote cutural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the school.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010..
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To narrow the gap between boys and girls attainment in writing by the end of Key Stage 2.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.